It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It had survived one move and was getting dirty and didn't have much of a purpose other than clutter-support. My hubs and I decided we could make it work as a coffee-bar in our kitchen, but it would need some TLC to fit in at our new home.
First things first- I made sure to keep all the hardware together that we had removed. This thing would need a new paint and stain job and this makes it SO much easier!
And thanks to my loving hubby, he sanded down the top to perfection.
Thankfully, we had some stain left over from the table he created, so in my head, that means free stain! I already knew it would tie in well with the kitchen, so after about 3 generous layers of stain, we had an amazing transformation in the works!
Then it was 2 coats of a light grey spray paint I loved (after I already painted the whole thing once and decided I didn't like it at all!)
If you want to do this to any drawers or cabinets- removing them first speeds up the process immensely!
Three cans later, it's a real beaut, Clark! I love how it looks in our new kitchen and we finally have all of our coffee essentials in one place!
Now, I have big plans for the wall above the coffee bar, but that's a story for another day!